Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Myspace Graphics
What a fun 4th we had although the day did start off with some cleaning...seems like a never ending job around here. After lunch, the kiddos all headed off to watch a movie while Andy and I took the kayaks down to the creek. We paddled all around the creek, watched some guys putting out some kind of traps in each of the little coves...not sure exactly what they were trying to catch although we are speculating maybe muskrats. We actually saw one swimming around...it was pretty cool as I've never seen one that close before. At one point during our paddling, I ended up running aground and had to walk my kayak to deep waters...deeper being past my ankles LOL To say that creek is shallow is an understatement. In alot of spots it's less than an oar lengths deep.

After dinner, Alex and I ended up going back down to the river as he really hasn't had the chance to do much kayaking. I was so tired but I couldn't turn him down and we had a great time although it was tough for us to pull the kayaks from our house to the water and back. Guess we aren't as strong as Andy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...