Wednesday, January 30, 2008

First OB appt

I had my first OB appt for this pregnancy and it went very well despite the fact that they called me on Friday having to reschedule it. The dr is a hoot...he comes walking into the exam room holding my chart saying that he is confused. You see, he uses green charts for pregnancy patients and yellow charts for annual visits...he had both a green and a yellow chart for me. He finally asked if I was pregnant to which I laughed and said yes. He thought I was just there for my annual, which of course I didn't even realize I was due for, so we were both confused. LOL He pulled out his u/s machine and we got our very first pic of this little munchkin. My dr took one look at the baby and proclaimed that it looked like a girl to him...as if he can tell at this point. LOL Guess we'll see in a couple of months how good his intuition is. Baby is measuring right where she should be so all is well so far. He then congratulated me, said that he didn't need to tell me anything since I've done this so many times and said that he'd see me in about a month. It was only later that I realized he didn't even give me a due date for this little one. Guess he figures I'm smart enough to figure it out for myself. LOL

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Look at the little peanut. You're too funny about the doctor figuring you determine the due date on your own. Cute.

Sandy said...

I just happened across your blog. I'm lagging behind you on the kids - we only have 5! Congrats on your new little one!

Sandy

Martha said...

Kinda funny how drs run out of things to say after a while, and we run out of questions.

Felicity said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! Welcome to the 7 club! Is this one number 7 or are you heading on to No 8. Hubby & I have 7 between us (a blended family of 3 girls and 4 boys). My parents produced 7 together (one boy & 6 girls). Family events are marvelous affairs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...