Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So Tired

I am just exhausted right now. It doesn't matter how much or how little sleep I get, I still feel the same way...tired! It's making it extremely difficult to function at work...all I could do this morning was sit and stare at my computer for a time. I knew I had things to do, I just couldn't get my brain to function enough to actually organize what those things were or how to go about getting them started. It was like a road that had been washed out in places. I could see where I needed to get to but couldn't figure out how to get there.

I finished reading Cape Light by Thomas Kinkaid and Katherine Spencer. The book is about a woman, Jessica, who takes a leave of absence to return to her childhood town of Cape Light to help her sister, the mayor, take care of their domineering mother while she is recuperating from a stroke. It shows Jessica's struggles of being stuck in a small town while she craves the bustle of the city and her wish to be pursueing the new romance she left there but could there be romance for her in this small town? It shows that the mayor has her own secret and will it be brought out when a young college age student arrives in town for the summer? Also takes you into a ministers life where things aren't always as perfect as we think their lives are. All it all, I enjoyed reading it although I was a little disappointed that one of the threads wasn't tied up as neatly as I would have liked at the end.

I stopped by the library on the way home from work today and picked up some more books and also ran into a friend, Janice. She was Alex's kindergarten teacher and just adores him to no end. She is currently pregnant with her 4th child, due later this month. She looked wonderful although she's very tired of being pregnant right now, especially since she's developed gestastional diabetes with this pregnancy. Let's hope I don't end up with it this time...I get to take the test Thursday morning.

And it's finally not so hot here. We actually have the a/c off and the windows open and there is the loveliest breeze blowing through the house. It feels delightful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to drink the water lol.....Good luck with your test today sweetie, I hope you pass! It's so hard to be tired, but yet again, I join you in the experience. ugh lol....Good luck on the house thing...any animals go with that? lol

xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...