Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Buckets

Buckets of rain fell on me during my drive home tonight. Talk about a nasty drive. It started pouring just as I was getting ready to leave the office and continued to pour as I continued to drive. I'm not one that generally has any problems driving in bad weather but it finally got to the point when I was about halfway home that I had to stop. It was raining so hard that my wipers on high speed couldn't keep up and the wind was blowing so hard. The combination made it nearly impossible to see so I decided it would be best to get off the road for a little while to see if I could wait out the worst of the storm. I stopped, grabbed a bite to eat and got back on the road about a 1/2 hr later. By that point the rain had slacked off but now there was an accident that shut down 2 of the 3 lanes at the bridge going through Annapolis so I got stuck in all that mess. 3 hours after leaving work I finally made it across the Bay Bridge but I still couldn't go home. We were going to church tonight for Ascension Day...the boys were serving...and I made it with 5 minutes to spare. Whew!

3 comments:

Velda said...

thank goodness you stopped or you might have been *in* that accident!

Tina said...

Thank goodness. I love the rain but only if I don't have to drive in it.

Meari said...

At least you had enough sense to pull over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...