Monday, November 19, 2007

Do Over Day

You sure can tell that today was a Monday. Started off with me getting up late because someone who shall remain nameless was playing with my alarm and switch it from FM to AM. My alarm went off but played static instead of music so I didn't hear until about 15 minutes after it had started going off. Luckily I heard Alex roaming around upstairs because he also had an alarm clock problem this morning. In his case, somehow the time on his clock got set an hour earlier than it actually was so he ended up getting up at 5 instead of 6 like his clock said. Hmm, that clock fairy was busy. ;)

Then I get to work this morning and discover that a database I was working on last week was missing all the current months data. If I didn't have hard copies of the reports in front of me, I would have thought I'd imagined doing the update. Turns out I wasn't the only one missing data. They did a server update on one of our drives over the weekend and mistakenly loaded an old backup copy of the server. Needless to say that caused some trama this morning but we were able to get it worked out.

Then this afternoon, I finish converting a report into a database...done all the balancing etc, so it's ready to get turned in. I go to rename the database and end up deleting it by mistakes. Ugh! I just couldn't believe I did that. Luckily, I had a back up from Friday but I had to redo all the work I'd done today. Was able to get it recreated by the time I left today.

Needless to say, it wasn't a very good day and I'm really hoping that tomorrow is better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...