Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another Repair Bill

There are times when I really hate my car and this would be one of them. Seems like everytime I turn around we are having to make more repairs on it. We just did a big repair on it 3 months ago and now it needs another one. Grr! This latest trouble started Tuesday afternoon as I was leaving work. I'm pulling out of the garage and notice that my check engine light has just come on. Not knowing what exactly this means I pull over to try and decide if this is a warning light that can survive 60 mile drive home or if it's something more serious. After reading in the manual that it has something to do with the emissions control system and that the car is safe to continue driving but should be taken in to be looked at as soon as possible, I continue my drive home. I make an appt to drop my car off the next night so it can be looked at on Thursday. Of course this would be the evening of our snow dusting that turns into a 4.5 inch downfall but we make it to drop my care off without incident. They must have had a lot of cancellations due to the weather because they called with the news about my car early Thursday morning. So $1000 later and two new 02 sensors later (whatever the heck they are), I have my car back in running order.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Ouch! Hopefully this is for a while.

Little Miss Flossy said...

Oh man, just what you DON'T need.

Martha said...

Those little "check engine" lights are causing misery everywhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...