Tuesday, October 24, 2006

CWO - In "Other" Words 10/24/06



"Has someone seen the life I planned?
It seems it's been misplaced
I've looked in every corner
It's lost without a trace..."

~ Beth Moore~
From the poem: "The Life I Planned "

Thinking back to when I was a child, I don't think I could have ever forseen that I'd be where I am today. When I was heading off to college, I didn't have any idea of what I wanted out of life. Some people know what they want to be when they grow up from the time they are small...I didn't have a clue. I knew that I liked working with numbers so I majored in math at college figuring that when I graduated that I'd get a job putting that math ability to use. The one thing that I knew for sure that I didn't want to do was be a teacher...my dad was a math teacher and while he loved it, I always knew that it wouldn't be the right path for me. When I graduated, I was offered an entry level job for an insurance company. I figured I'd stay there for a few years, get some experience and then move on. Well, 17 yrs later, I'm still at the same company and without my job there, we wouldn't have half of what we have today. I always knew that I'd get married and have kids but I don't think I could have ever foreseen having 7 kids in my future or that my husband would be end up being a SAHD or and that we would homeschool our children. So how did we get to where we are? By the grace of God because He's had his hand in everything that has happened to us along the way...from the jobs that my DH and I got, to the daycare we chose for the kids, to the last house we ended up buying. Everything has worked out according to His plan and I'm excited to see what he has in store for us in the future. So, while I may not have ever had a clear plan as to what my future might have held, looking back I can see that His hand was with us every step of the way leading us to where we are today.

17 comments:

Sara Laughs said...

It's amazing isn't it? I had never planned to marry or have children but I'm pretty sure if things hadn't worked out this way, I wouldn't be alive now. Even when I was the missing sheep and the lost coin He still had a plan for me. Beautiful post Vicki. Thanks for the reminder!

Jaime said...

It is always a blessing to look back at our lives and see the areas where God helped us out. I know that this is not the life I thought I would have 10 years ago, but I love it and would not have it any other way.

Amydeanne said...

God sure knows where we're going, even if we don't!
Thanks for sharing! btw, I love the pic of your children! They are beautiful!

Nic said...

God always knows what will be best for us even though we don't see that it is at the time. Great post for this week's quote!

Ame said...

Wow - what an awesome and fulfilling life!

Camy Tang said...

That's so awesome! I also love looking back at my life and seeing how God's hand has always been on me, too.

Camy

Anonymous said...

How nice that you followed his plan and are so happy where you are today! I can't say I have been as willing but am learning as I progress in my journey! Wonderful read and a great take on the quote!

Megan said...

Beautiful post! I didn't know you were a math major :)

Miriam Pauline said...

Isn't it amazing how much more God knows than us? Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow - 7 children - that is wonderful. I always wanted to have a big family, but God had other plans for us. Am I content with His plan. Yes, I am, because His ways are heigher than mine.
Thank you for sharing :)

Lori said...

Amen, it still blows me away how God takes cared of even the little details. I guess I always expect Him to be there for the biggies, but he is there for the little ones too. Makes me want to jump up and down, and say Praise God!

CJ said...

Isn't it amazing how our life paths are so altered by His grace!? How lucky we all are!

Margaret said...

Great post. I am nowhere near where I planned 25 years ago or even 10 years ago. I'm glad I'm not in charge of my life!

Tina said...

You are so blessed! I love your post.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

It is just wild how different our lifes can turn out to be that what we had planned. A lot of what I went through I would never want to go through again! But it makes me who I need to be for Christ's plans so I accept it and do my best for Him!

Gina Conroy said...

Isn't it wonderful when we can look back and see the hand of God in our lives?

Anonymous said...

Seven kids, that is amazing. You are certainly blessed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...