Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sleepy Head

Wow, guess there wasn't much need to worry about Kearsyn today. She slept from midnight until 10:30am. When she finally woke up she gulped down 2 oz in no time and then over the next 3 hrs, drank 5 oz more and then fell back asleep from 3 - 6pm. She got up and nursed like crazy and is now back asleep again. I'm thinking she's going through a growth spurt with all this sleeping she's doing here.

5am came really, really early today. I wasn't at all happy when my alarm went off. Thankfully I had gotten everything organized last night so I didn't have to do too much thinking when I got up this morning. I made it to work okay and everyone was very happy to see me. I even tried to do some "real" programming work today although it took me awhile to figure out where I'd left off. A coworker and I have to have a discussion about rewriting a portion of the program but I wasn't up to doing that today...luckily she wasn't either...so we'll tackle that tomorrow. Since I'm still nursing, that means I have to pump while at work. I went down to the nursing moms room this morning only to find out that it's no longer there! Ackk!! Not a good thing. They've been doing renovations throughout the buildings for the last couple of years and finally made it to where the health and safety office was. That office got relocated but they didn't put in a new nursing moms room when they did the relocation. We do have single handicapped bathrooms on each of our renovated floors now so I do have a place to go but it's a pain to have to pump in a bathroom...especially when there is no chair in there. The things we do for our children.

The next couple of days are going to be crazy because the kids go back to choir practice and Kenzie starts her softball practice again. Neither of those is normally a problem but with having to fit in two nursing sessions at work that extends my day so that will make it rough trying to get everyone to and from stuff on time. I know it will work out somehow...it always does.

We'll actually get to meet the kids new pediatrician sooner than we thought thanks to Kenzie's ear infection. She's go in for a recheck on 1/11 although I feel kind of weird taking her in when she wasn't seen there to begin with for the infection but I guess that's what happens when kids get sick over a holiday.

7 comments:

Martha said...

So glad Andy had a good day with the baby.

my4blessings said...

You are an amazing mother, Vicki! So glad the first day was okay for Kearsyn and that you received a warm welcome back at work. (((HUGS)))

CindyMae said...

So glad that your first day went well and you were welcomed back! Everything will work out as the Lord always makes sure of that!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You go Kearsyn! I am happy that your first day went so well. That must be a relief! Hugs!

hollyday said...

I'm glad her first day went so well! How cool that you all had a nursing room, even if it's gone now--so many places don't. I hope they put it back in soon and in the meantime I hope the pumping goes as well as possible ;). ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

So glad it went well!

Sara Laughs said...

I'm glad the first day went pretty well for everyone. Can you take one of those plastic garden chairs into the bathroom and just leave it there or is there an empty office you could commandeer? It really sucks that they expect you to either stand or sit on the toilet to pump. :S

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...