Thursday, December 28, 2006

It's Done

Christmas is over...the last of the decorations came down today. Everyone seemed very happy with what they got. Our big family gift was a chess table with chairs. The chairs were on backorder at the time we placed the order so the chances of us getting them by Christmas was slim. As it turns out, the table and chairs arrived the day after Christmas which worked out well since we'd gone to Andy's sisters for Christmas day. Here's a pic of what he new tableand chairs look like. My parents bought us really nice chess pieces to go with it.


Andy and the kids gave me a gorgeous Last Supper piece made out of olive wood from Bethlehem. I love it!



My parents gave us some cute decal people so now my car and our big van have little people on the back of them. I'm especially excited because Andy wouldn't let me put the fish on my car...he said if I can't fit all the people in my car, I can't show all the fish. You see I didn't let that deter me from putting all the little people on my car. =) The first picture is my car, the second and third pics are of the van.


I also got a digital camera from my parents which I'm very excited about because it now means I don't have to constantly try to get the other camera from Andy everytime I want to take a picture. The above pictures were taken with my new camera...I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to work the way I want...and it took me way to long to figure out how to get the pictures transferred from the camera to the computer but I finally figured it out. I'm also getting a swivel recliner glide rocker with money that my in laws gave me. My other gliders have bit the dust so they all getting tossed out once I receive the new one. I'm very excited about it.

Andy got a new coffee pot, a new George Foreman grill (we wore the other one out) from me and the kids. From my parents he got a big toaster oven. I'm not sure what he's going to use his money from his parents for but I'm sure he'll come up with something...I heard rumblings about a tiller. ;) His mom also got him the exact same George Foreman grill. What are the odds. LOL

The big things from us for the kids was... some PS2 games for the boys, Kenzie got a softball glove and ball, Bekah and Andy got T.M.X. Elmo, Kearsyn got some bottles...poor girl got something practical. LOL From Andy's parents...Alex got a guitar (now to work on getting lessons), Connor got a metal detector and binoculars, Kenzie got a keyboard, Taylor got a karaoke machine, Tyler got a boxing bag, Bekah got lots of clothes and Kearsyn got lots of diapers and some toys. From my parents, Connor got pool balls with the Eagles (he loves) and the Colts (he hates but my mom loves) emblem. Alex got pool balls with the Ravens (he loves) and the Redskins (he hates but my mom loves...see a pattern yet. LOL) emblem. Everyone got chess pieces for the new table and they got lots of different family type games.

My mom always makes something for us for Christmas and this year is was people made out of pieces of her porch railing when she redid it. Aren't they cute?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What absolutely unique and cool gifts! very nice!

Meari said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! The chess table is gorgeous.

Megan said...

What great gifts! The Chess table is beautiful!

Jaime said...

sounds like you family had a nice Christmas. I love the little people on the back of the vehicles. I also love the fish!!!!

Sara Laughs said...

I love the little people on your van! That is too cute!

my4blessings said...

I love those decals on the van! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration with your family. The chess table would be a huge hit here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...