Friday, April 22, 2011

Colorful

It was time to dye eggs today, so Andy and the kids pulled out the 3 dozen eggs that he'd boiled this morning.  We've been saving up eggs for awhile, plus the chickens have been cooperating nicely by laying a ton right now.  I think the little one had a fun time with the dyeing.
 


Tay brought this beautiful lunar moth in so I could see it.  We're pretty sure it's a female based on it's markings.  I'm not sure if it was hurt or maybe stunned itself running into something outside, but it could not fly away.  After showing it to me, Tay took it back outside and later in the day it had made it's way to the side of the house.  Later still, it was gone, so hopefully it was okay.

We actually got to watch one of these moths change from a caterpillar to the moth one year.  We happened to find the caterpillar outside, put it in a cage with some leaves and watched it make it's cocoon and then finally hatch after what seemed an incredibly long time.
Kenzie with hatched moth 7/22/2004.  Wow that was a long time ago!

1 comment:

Full of Grace said...

It's the day before Easter and we are yet to dye eggs. I would love to do it today, but last year my kiddos were colored for days and I sort of wanted to have nice easter pics..Have yet to decide if I'm going to be good mama or bad mama yet :) Happy and Blessed Easter to you and your family! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...