I decided to take a long lunch at work today and drive out to see the properties that Andy and I have been looking at. All three are about a 30 - 40 minute drive from where I work. I was able to find the first place easy enough...didn't have any backyard for the kids to be able to play in and it appeared that most of the acreage was wooded which means we would have to clear it all out if we were going to be able to grow food and have a cow, chickens and pig. Pretty nice location, though. Went from there to the next place on the list. It appears to not be for sale anymore as the post was there but no sign to go with it. Couldn't really see the house from the road as there was a corn field planted in front of the house. The road to get to this house was a tiny little back country type road...not the kind I'd want the kids riding their bikes on or me driving on in the winter for that matter. Then it was on to the third house, another scary back country road and the house sits about 5 feet from it...didn't like that at all. This house came with 16 acres but most appeared to be wooded and up a hillside...not a good soccer playing area. ;) Plus it was built in the 1900's and is being sold "as is". That worries me a little. LOL The first place I saw was by far the best but none of the three knocked my socks off. There is a place about 10 minutes from where we currently live that would perfect if the house was a little bigger but we could always add on to it. Andy has the grand plan that we'll sell our house, my parents will sell their's and we'll go in together and buy this property...15 acres worth of farm land. Not sure my parents are game for that, though. LOL We decided to email tonight to see if we could get more info on the house...didn't want to call as we're not quite that serious yet, just exploring possibilities. The online description of the house didn't tell room sizes and such. In the time it took us to go fishing for a bit, I had a response back. Bad news is that the house has been taken off the market...maybe that's a sign that now isn't the right time for us to be doing this. She did say that she'd contacted the listing agent to see if it was a permanent removal or a temporary one and to see she could get more info on the rooms so we'll see what happens. I'm not going to stress about this, though. If it's meant to be, we'll know.
Bekah, Alex, Tay and I walked down to the river to fish for a bit while everyone else went over to the field for soccer stuff. The heat finally appears to have let up some as there was a wonderful breeze coming off the water. Alex had the honor of getting the most unique catch of the night which was a piece of wood. Upon closer inspection of the wood, we found that it contained a tiny crab...the one pictured at the right. I've never seen such a small crab before and it was extremely difficult trying to get a pic of it because of it's small size.