Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What was he thinking?

On the hottest day of the year so far, DH decided that he was going to fix the doors to our shed that have been falling apart for awhile now. They still need to be primed and painted but there was no way to get that done with the heat the way it was today. Heat index was over 110F...in fact, it's still at 104F at 9:15pm. Ugly! I think he did a really good job, the kids helped out as well, but you'd think this would have been better suited as a cool weather job. LOL

Kenzie had to turn in her paperwork for travel soccer this evening. She was bummed that she couldn't participate in the practice but even if she wasn't still recovering from her broken collarbone we wouldn't have let her anyway with as hot as it was. Those coaches are nuts having kids running around in this kind of heat. So, while DH took Kenzie to the field, the rest of us went for a nice refreshing dip in the pool. NOT! The pool was so incredibly hot that is was actually unbearable after awhile. Bekah had a good time playing in her boat, though.

Because I haven't felt much like stitching lately, I've finished a couple of books over the past week. Between Friends by Debbie Macomber was written in an interesting style...told the story through letters, diary entries, announcements, invitations, etc. I wasn't sure that I was going to like it when I first started reading it but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was about two girls that became fast friends and told about the trials and tribulations they went through as they grew up and became adults. I also finished The Redemption of Sarah Cain by Beverly Lewis. I just love this author. I love being able to step into Amish society and experience their world which is so vastly different from my own. This book was about 5 children who had recently been orphaned and left in the care of their Englisher aunt who didn't know a thing about Amish ways and didn't want anything to do them...at the beginning.

I did actually pull out Mother's Bliss and work on her a little tonight. I've gotten all the / of light green done in her dress. Now I just need to go back and \ them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those books both sound good and I'm not generally a book reading person lol.....I'm so sorry about work, that really sucks when you feel unappreciated ((hugs))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...