Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ahhh, The Sweet Sound of Music

Connor and Kenzie started back with their chorale practices today. They are members of the Chesapeake Youth Chorale. If you happen to look at the link, Connor is in the front row on the right hand side. He's the one that's out of line. :) This was taken during the concert with The Soldiers' Chorus of the U. S. Army Field Band and was Connor's very first concert after joining and he'd only been a member a month or so as he joined in the middle of their year. It's hard to believe that he's starting his 4th year with the chorale. It's amazing how much he's grown and matured during his time with them. He's gone from a shy child who doesn't like to have attention focused on him to one that can get up in front of the other choristers and lead them in a song. Kenzie is starting her 2nd year and you know this chorale means alot to her when she ranks it higher than ballet class. I love the Youth Chorale Festival that is done every year. Unfortunately I missed the one they did earlier this year due to morning sickness. 4 choirs from around the state get together and practice for a day and then in the evening they put on a concert as their own individual choirs and then as one big choir. It's really something to hear all those young voices singing together. What a presence they have.

I hear that we will be getting some roosters tomorrow. They'll be breaking in our new chicken coop for us. Of course, I've heard that for the last two days so I'll believe it when I see it. And I'm not quite sure how it's working that we are having roosters hanging out with us when I recall saying no roosters were allowed. DH claims that since they aren't crowing yet that it will be just the same as having hens. Hmmm...not sure I buy that one. LOL

Nothing much else happening today. Had some idiot of a guy try to hit me when I dropped the kids off for their soccer game. Nothing like zipping down a parking lot when people are trying to park their cars and kids are trying to get to the fields. And to make it worse, the guy gave me a look like I was the idiot when he zipped past me. Some people!

Did some stitching tonight on Mother's Bliss. Trying to finish up all the dark green before I move on to the next project. Hopefully I'll get it done in the next day or two so I'll be ready to work on the mini rr over the weekend.

7 comments:

. said...

roosters hahahahahaha, have fun honey! I'd love to hear your kids sing. It must be so amazing for them!

Martha said...

What a great opportunity for your kids! Some of mine would have loved that.

About those roosters, are they for eating? 'Cause I don't think they're much like hens unless you're planning on cookin 'em up. These are the ones to give names like Chicken Nugget and such.

Jaime said...

lol about the roosters!
I can tell just by reading your post that you are so proud of your kids in the chorale!
so anymore contractions?

Emma said...

ROFLOL! Umm, I think you'll notice a difference when you go out to collect the eggs!

The chorale looks terrific. I know how proud you must feel! Christopher is a member of the Australian Youth Choir for his first year this year, and we have all been enjoying it. The music they make is fabulous.

Andy said...

Yeah, right. And the next thing ya'll be telling us is that bull I ordered won't be makin' any milk! You all are such kidders...

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh I love to hear kids sing! And I love chickens and roosters. Enjoy them!

_ said...

You guys think you are sooo funny about those roosters, don't you? LOL

Martha - we're just watching these guys until December when their real owners will take them back and eat them. They have too many right now and they'll help us test out our coop until we get ours and they're big enough to go outside.


Jaime - no more contractions like I was having on Monday. I think I must have done too much that morning which is what sparked them in the afternoon. Let's just hope I don't get into that nesting mode again as that will probably trigger them as well. Thanks for asking!

Emma - ROFL I assure you that I won't be looking for eggies under these guys. LOL

And honey - I don't even want to know about an upcoming bull purchase. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...