Saturday, September 02, 2006

Some Wind and Rain

but Ernesto wasn't too bad. We did have a 43+ mph gust of wind over night but other than lots of leaves down and tons of rain, it wasn't too bad. It was completely calm this morning but stayed gray and drizzly most of the day. Didn't do much today...kiddos did some cleaning, got the school room ready for school next week. I know they are looking forward to that. ;) We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows over the fire in the drizzle. Afterall, what better thing to do on a gray, drizzly day.

The older kids went to a friends house and I sat down to work on a baby quilt square while the little ones went for a bike ride with DH. Here's a pic of the completed piece. I have one more square to do. Hopefully I can get that one done tomorrow and I can get them all in the mail on Tuesday. Other stitching pieces I have to work on this month are a Mini RR and a Finishers Too piece. I'd also like to get some time in on Mother's Bliss and Quaker Mystery Sampler...hopefully time will allow for that.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

that is so cute.
WOOHOOO on finding time to stitch today!
sounds like your family made the best out of a dreary day.
can't wait to see the next square

Shooter said...

Wow, 6 kids and on emore on the way. Truly an Abundance of Blessings! I don't know how you do it, I struggle with my one.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is adorable!!! Glad you got to do some stitching!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...