Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Voting Day

Today is the State Primary election. I like voting but I have to say that I hate the mob scene that all the campaign workers create as you are trying to get into the polls to vote. I view it as a kind of harassment. As I was turning into the parking lot, I had a guy in a ridiculous looking foam cowboy hat try to jump in front of my car while waving pamphlets at me. I would hope that I would already know who I am going to vote for prior to arriving at the polls which means that I have no use for all these ridiculous pamphlets that they try to shove at you on the way in. In fact, I go out of my way to avoid these people. I always try to park as far on the outskirts as possible and always try to go in the backdoor of the polling place since there is usually restriction on how close to the doors the campaign workers can be. But you still have to navigate through them and trying to dodge people running at you with papers while trying to avoid the cars coming in and out of parking spaces is ridiculous. Okay, that's my little rant on voting. Can't promise not to have another one when the General Election comes around. ;)

As a side note, they did an excellent job once I got inside the polling place. I was in and out in about 5 minutes....check in process went smoothly and the new machines worked great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way Vicki! Fortunately at our voting site they aren't nearly that bad ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...