Sunday, September 24, 2006

Stitching Today



I was a good girl and that's pretty much all I did today except for a few loads of laundry. As a result, I was able to get my Quaker Mystery Sampler all finished up. I decided after looking at the last part that it wouldn't take very long to get it done so I figured I'd just go ahead and finish it instead of switching to Mother's Bliss. Now to decide which of my other wips to replace this one with or if I'm going to start a new piece.

I candled a few eggs today just to see what Andy had seen the other day. Little chickies are definitely growing in some of them and it looks like some of 4 questionable eggs have chicks in them as well. We took a pic of one as it was being candled...go here if you'd like to see it. Only about a week to go before they should start hatching. Andy has made a friend with one of our border roosters...although we are thinking this one might actually be a hen. He sat on a chair in the pen today and one jumped up on his knee wanting his attention. He commented that he doesn't think he'd be able to eat this one, which is a good thing since it's not our chicken to eat. LOL

5 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

Good girl LOL. The sampler looks wonderful. Still think it would fit right on my lounge wall...

Deb said...

That is one beautiful piece Vicki. Wow, that egg looks amazing. Must try that when our bantams go clucky. It is an amazing process isn't it....from egg to chicken in 21 days.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is so lovely. Yes you were a good girl!!! LOL!

Emma said...

The sampler is absolutely gorgeous!!! I just love it. The egg was pretty cool too. We're sitting on tiny lovebird eggs. I am not game enough to candle them, they are so small I'm scared I'd squash them.

Emma

Pamela said...

Your Quaker Mystery sampler is sooo lovely! It must have taken you forever!

It was delightful to see the little candle view of the baby chicken egg. I have never gotten to see anyting like that before, (little bit of a city girl) I love animals and crafts and really enjoyed your blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...