Monday, September 11, 2006

We Have Chicken Eggs

24 chicken eggs to be exact. They are snug and toasty in their incubator as you can see in the pic. Thankfully the incubator has an automatic egg turner so we don't have to worry about turning them every few hours throughout the day. Just have to keep an eye on the temp and the humidity levels. We should know in about 2 1/2wks or so how many chickies we'll get out of the bunch. I'll keep you updated. :)

Kenzie's softball coach called today and said that their first practice is on Thursday. At least we only have to go to Easton for this practice and not their indoor facility in Trappe...saves about a 1/2hr driving time. Andy's going to take her this time so he can meet the coach since he had to miss the tryouts. I told him in no way was he to get roped into helping coach this team. We'll see how that goes. LOL

6 comments:

Jaime said...

what great chicken eggs!

Can't wait to see the first born!

. said...

awwww baby eggs!!! awesome! Tell Coach Andy I wish him luck! *giggle*

Emma said...

That's so cool! How exciting for you. We have eggies at the moment too :) My lovebird pair have three eggs so far, they'll hatch in about three weeks!

Emma

_ said...

Oh how cool, Emma! Be sure to take a pic of your little ones when they hatch. I'd love to see them.

Megan said...

I'm ridiculously excited about these chicks - can't wait til they hatch!

sparrow's song said...

I was surfing by through Aimz' blog to yours and caught this incubator. It brings back memories from my 3rd grade class where we hatched chicks. I still remember the smell. I hope they all hatch... but don't count them yet. *heh heh heh*

Have a blessed day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...