Thursday, September 28, 2006

SBQ - Mistake Breaks

Today's SBQ was suggested by Sharon and is:
When you find yourself making a lot of mistakes in various stitching
projects do you find it better to muddle your way through or do you
take a brief break from stitching? If you do take a break, how long do
you take?
Usually when I find myself making a lot of mistakes in a project it's better for me to put that project aside and pick up another to work on for awhile. I find that the more I try to muddle through, the more mistakes I make, especially if I'm making counting mistakes. Usually I'll have some goal in mind to get done on the piece I switched to...like finish the tree, or outline the houses, etc...before switching back to the piece that was giving be problems. But if I've finished that goal and I still feel like I'm frustrated with the initial piece, I will do some more work on another piece until that frustration passes. The only time I don't put a piece aside and will muddle through is if I've made a significant counting error that will cause me more time trying to remember what I did wrong. I know that will cause me way more frustration than muddling through to get the piece back to a spot where I can just pick it up again. I did this with my Mother's Bliss piece...had stitched a couple extra rows about 20 rows before I realized it. That ended up putting me off a couple of columns as well. There was no way I was ripping out all that stitching so I took the time to fudge it back past the point of where I'd made the error that way when I picked it back up again it was clear sailing for me. But other than that type of instance, I will just put it aside for awhile and work on something else.

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Jack and I both will put it aside for a bit. I find if I try to muddle through I just make more mistakes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...