Sunday, September 17, 2006

Soccer and Stitching

Not done at the same time this weekend, though. =) All the kids had soccer games this weekend, 2 of which were at 8am which is just too darn early for me on a weekend so I missed those two, but I did make it to the 10 and 11am games. All the kids had great games even though it was a drizzly cool day. Maybe it should rain on them all the time...seemed to really motivate them. Alex also ref'd two games this weekend so he was happy. I did find out that walking back and forth across the fields a number of times is getting harder and harder for me. Doesn't seem to take much effort on my part to make me really tired or my back and legs hurt.

Stitchingwise, I was able to finish up my part on a Finisher's Too piece. I stitched the Inn pictured here although it was touch and go there for a while on whether I would actually get it finished or toss it out the window because the frog would not leave me alone. I can't remember the last time I had this much trouble stitching on a piece. Hmm, maybe I should have feed that froggie to the baby turtle that Kenzie found Saturday. Next up to work on is Quaker Mystery Sampler. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up Part 5 before my next obligation stitching pieces show up. =) Somehow, I seemed to have formed a rotation without really trying to but I'm not going to question it as it seems to be working. I rotate between Mother's Bliss and Quaker Mystery Sampler and then throw in the Mini rr and Finisher's Too pieces when they arrive. I have other WIP's but I'm only concentrating on two right now with the hopes that I can actually get them finished here soon. When one gets done, I'll add another WIP in it's place.

Whew, it's going to be a long 5 wks. That's how much time is left before the little arrives and I'm starting to get very cranky and I have absolutely no patience. Baby is poking under my ribs and my hips really hurt so it's hard to get up and down which makes it near impossible to keep up with Bekah as she won't stay in any one place for more than a few seconds. Soon enough it'll all be over and we'll have little Kearsyn home with us...let's just hope my family survives me til that time. ;) I added a pic of what I look like now to my last appt post.

On a humorous note, Andy was laughing at me today and saying that I was really getting into being a pioneer woman. He was referring to the hanging of clothes outside on the clothes line. This morning when I did it, I hung them on the end of the line where the sun was hitting...by the afternoon when I went out to hang some more, the sun was on the opposite end of the line, so that's where I hung the clothes. Made sense to me...if they are in the sun, they'll dry quicker, right? He seemed to find it quite funny, though.

5 comments:

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Sorry Mr Froggie wouldn't leave you alone, it looks great though and I'll bet your happy to have it done. You look fabulous Vicki! I remember only to well how you're feeling and hope that things don't get any worse for you before the little one arrives, I can't belive how quickly it has went by, but probably only to me, not you LOL. Looking forward to seeing your next WIP progress without a visit from Mr Froggie!

Margaret said...

You look fabulous, Vicki! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. I'm trying to think.... weren't you pregnant the last time I saw you? I guess it's been to long, huh?

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
That is a great pic of you. Now I see a face to go with the name. I remember my last few weeks of pregnancy and let me tell you by the end I was ready for my son to be born. Sorry the frog visited you and hopefully he is well on his way out. I think you did a great job on your part of the finisher's too piece!

Anonymous said...

I hope the frog is well and truly gone now Vicki! It looks very cute in spite of all that though ;). You look great and I hope the next few weeks go very quickly for you-that stage of the pregnancy is never fun. ((hugs))

Jaime said...

the finishers piece looks cute.
I think you look great!!!!!
you are one of thos ladies that looks really cute when pregnant!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...