I'm not sure I'm really ready for that. We haven't done anything to prepare for this baby although Andy did grab the bassinette out the attic today after I called and said there was a possibility that we'd be having her tomorrow. Actually, I guess that's not true. We do have her room and clothes pretty well situated. Still need to get the crib in there but since she'll probably spend the first few months in the bassinette in our room there didn't seem to be much hurry to get Bekah out of crib just yet. We do need to wash the stuff that goes with the bassinette and the car seat covers since they've been stored in the attic for almost 2yrs.
This is all coming about because of the contractions I was having last night that sent me to Labor & Delivery around 10:30pm. Between my last drs visit two weeks ago and last night, I'd progressed from completely closed and long to 2-3cm and 40% effaced. At my 36wk drs appt today, I was now a good 3-4cm. So after discussing different options, it was decided that I would go into the office first thing in the morning to get rechecked. If I'm 4-5cm at that point, we'll go ahead and have her tomorrow otherwise I get to come home. We'd rather have her under controlled circumstances rather than chance an emergency situation. Because of where I live, it can be kind of tricky to get the hospital depending on the traffic situation and because this will be my 7th, once my water breaks the baby will probably arrive within 1-2hrs. We didn't want me to be caught at home in that situation and not be able to get the hospital...although I know Andy would have that swiss army knife and basket all ready for us. LOL
This has completely thrown a wrench into my plans for the weekend as I was planning on driving up to Hershey, PA on Friday and spending some time with my stitchy friends from the CrossStitchCrazy board. Those plans are now out the window even if I don't have the munchkin tomorrow. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone too. And it's also completely thrown off my training schedule at work but I'm guessing they'll survive.
So, I guess we just wait and see what happens in the morning and if you don't see any entries from me for a couple of days, you'll know I had the baby otherwise I'll be back tomorrow with an update.