Thursday, September 14, 2006

Play Ball!

Kenzie had her first softball practice today and judging from the big grin she had on her face when she got home, I'm thinking she had a good time. She was talking about the different games they played and how she won the first one, about the different skills they practiced...batting, fielding, throwing. I do believe she's looking forward to her next practice. I also think she mentioned something about possibly doing tournaments in October but maybe I just misheard that. ;)

I had my 34wk appt today. Everything is going well although I did gain 10lbs since my last appt 5 wks ago. That makes a total of 35lbs so far this pregnancy with 6 wks to go. Forgot to check what my blood pressure was but I'm assuming it was normal since they didn't mention it...we were yapping about the traffic and the rain at the time so I forgot to look. Had the strep B test done today and he checked the cervix out while there...nothing going on, still closed and thick so all the contractions I've been having haven't been productive. Not sure if I'm happy or sad about that. LOL Of course I'm happy...the little munchkin isn't ready to come out yet...she still needs to cook a little longer.

Alex and Connor had their first 4-H meeting tonight. That was a surprise to me when their ride showed up at the door to pick them up and I didn't know what was going on. It was slightly chaotic tonight with me trying to get home from my drs appt and getting stuck in traffic caused by and overturned tractor trailer, Andy trying to leave to get Kenzie to her practice on time and trying to fit dinner in there which I still don't think was fair at all that we got blecky ole frozen pizza while Andy and Kenzie got to stop at McD's on the way to practice. ;) After Alex and Connor have left, I get a phone from Andy asking that I make sure that someone puts the chickens away for the night. Hmm, wonder who that someone was going to be since all the older kiddos were gone. What a sight I must have made chasing chickens around their pen trying to shoo them through the doorway into the coop. I'd get a couple through the door, go and try to shoo more that direction and the couple that had gone in were now coming back out. I finally got them all in but it was no easy task, let me tell you. Andy was laughing and was saying how he'd have liked to have seen me doing that with my big belly. I didn't find that amusing in the slightest. Hmmpphff! Actually, it was pretty funny, especially if you picture me doing that in the rain. LOL

7 comments:

. said...

cluck cluck, OMG I can so picture that....were the chickens scared of you? lol..Yay for Kenzie! Tell Andy and K they owe you one!

Andy said...

You have to get a broom stick in each hand to extend your reach. This way you can shoo more chickens at a time. And next time, wait til I get home. I want to see that. Oh, and STOP reading my blog...

Margaret said...

ROTFL we're ALL reading his blog.

Oh I'm imagining you and the chickens. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I can picture you chasing chickens in the rain! You poor thing. I think Andy owes you... :)

Meari

Martha said...

We had two muskovy ducks a few years ago. They were loose in the yard during the day and had to be "captured" each night. That was interesting!

Jaime said...

lol I can just picture a 8 month pregnant lady chasing chickens.
thanks for the laugh.
glad your appointment went well.
I think you should treat yourself to McD's today :)
yep,Andy I am reading your blog too :)

Pam @ Heart2Heart said...

Great news on your Dr appt, all sounds like it's going great. Your family is so busy, I don't know how you keep everything straight! I bet getting the chickens in was interesting, I can't even imagine doing that and not being pregnant LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...